A California Pharmacists Association webinar.
In this one hour webinar presentation, Chris Rose, Partner of Ariento Inc., will explain the common HIPAA breaches that exist today in a pharmacy and what to do if a breach occurs. In addition, participants will learn what OCR Desk Audits are, what pharmacies need to have in order to be compliant in the case of an audit, and how to train pharmacy staff so that they are prepared if an audit occurs.
At the completion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Identify different types of breaches that can occur in a pharmacy.
- Summarize what to do if a breach occurs.
- Discuss what OCR Desk Audits are.
- List all the items that a pharmacy must provide to OCR in the event of an audit.
- Recognize what an auditor will do during an on-site inspection and how pharmacy staff should react.
- Review the penalties that exist for pharmacists who are non-compliant.